[itdiscuss] E-mail Authentication
dannyy at viantsolutions.com
Fri Nov 21 14:26:34 EST 2008
Check the security event log on the exchange server. See if there are authentication issues.
Also check if user can send email using owa.
Also might want to check if they have 24 hour access.
From: discuss-bounces at itdiscuss.org [mailto:discuss-bounces at itdiscuss.org] On Behalf Of Matthew Irvine
Sent: Friday, November 21, 2008 2:15 PM
To: 'IT Discussion Forum'
Subject: [itdiscuss] E-mail Authentication
I have some strange issues appearing with one of my users. His POP messages stop automatically downloading during the night, using Outlook 2003. I've checked the following:
- Office detect and repair
- Office updates fully up-to-date
- Windows updates fully up-to-date
- Reset send/receive group to a new group
- Verified computer is not going into hibernation or sleep mode
- Verified user is locking computer, not logging off
- Verified user leaves Outlook running through the night
- Verified that the account is in the send/receive group set to send/receive every 5 minutes
I know you want to know why I do it this way, but that's not the point...
it's a long answer. I just wanted to see if anyone knows something I haven't checked.
A second, probably unrelated issue is that this user is not able to authenticate to our Exchange server using SMTP through a different, non-Outlook client. I verify that the passwords match and that the settings are correct (that work for all of our other users) and he can't authenticate. We're trying to send e-mails through ACS' Mass E-mail program.
Thanks in advance!
it discuss mailing list: discuss at itdiscuss.org Mailing List: http://itdiscuss.org/discuss Web Discussion Board: http://itdiscuss.org/discuss-forum
Internet Relay Chat: irc://irc.freenode.net/citrt
More information about the discuss